The route starts at the free parking layby on Ulwell Road. Alternatively, you could park in Swanage and start from there. Take a right out of the car park and follow the main road for just over a mile until you reach a junction. Go left here and after about ½ a mile take the bridleway on your right.
Continue down this trail for a short distance, then take the narrow bridleway on your left signposted for Rempstone Heath. This twisty, singletrack descent is one of the highlights of the ride. It’s quite rocky in places and the deep gulleys in the trail constantly test your line choice.
Stay on this main trail for just under a mile as it skirts along the edge of the Golf Course. When you come to a fork in the track go left here. After about ½ a mile bear right at the next fork in the trail. Continue straight on until you reach a fire road. Go left here until you reach a minor road. Then go right and after a short distance take the bridleway straight ahead of you.
- Over 50% of route is off-road
- Some technical singletrack through Godlingston Heath
- Lots of fast, smooth singletrack through Rempstone Heath
- Excellent views at Swyre Head
- Long, fast descents from Swyre Head and along the Priests Way
- Climb at Hardy Way may not be rideable for everyone